aNewDomain.net — Time for another MobileViews podcast with me (Todd Ogasawara), Jon Westfall and our special guest Frank McPherson. Frank helped me kick off this podcast series way back in 2008. He’s back to help observe the 100th MobileViews podcast.
On this podcast we discuss: Frank’s current Google focus, Jon’s new iPads (Air 2 and Mini 3), taking the big iPhone 6 Plus on the road, problems with the recent Windows 10 Technical Preview update, unhappiness with CurrentC and a couple of specific product picks. Listen below.
The MobileViews podcast launched way back on November 26, 2008 (under a different name). This is our 100th episode, and as I said, Frank McPherson joins us. Here’s the show run-down for episode 100.
Looking backwards and forwards with Frank McPherson
- From the T-Mobile G1 (first Android phone) to the Moto X, Nexus 6 and more.
- Chromebooks, Chromebox and Chromecast.
- Jon bought both the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3. How do they compare to the old iPad 2 and iPad Mini 2?
- He also bought Apple’s leather case for the iPhone 6 Plus. Worth the money?
- Thoughts about iOS 8.1 and OSX Yosemite updates.
- Jon and I were both traveling last weekend. We each took an iPhone 6 Plus on our respective trips. How well does the new giant iPhone travel?
- The initial Windows 10 Technical Preview worked great on my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. The recent major update (build 9860)? Not so much.
- What is Microsoft Garage? And, why is Microsoft Research dabbling in Android apps?
- Jon’s rant: What is CurrentC? And what does it have to do with CVS and Rite-Aid shutting down support for Apple Pay?
- Pebble smartwatch, Samsung gear and other wearable tech spotted at … Sam’s Club? Yep.
- Todd — PressureNet for Android. Note the discussion about the possibilities of using the iPhone 6’s barometer on the Cliff Mass Weather Blog. For weather wonks.
- Jon — Replay Video Editor for Apple iOS: Video creation made super simple, super fast. Oh, and it looks cool.
For aNewDomain.net with Todd and Jon’s quasi-weekly most-mobile spotlight, I’m Todd Ogasawara.
Image credits: Todd Ogasawara