aNewDomain.net — Time for another MobileViews Podcast, with me and Jon Westfall. In this podcast (number 99!) we speculate on what Apple will announce on October 16 and focus on its teaser tag line: “It’s been way too long.” We also talk about connected health devices like the Fitbit, an interesting update for Google’s Chromecast and offer a few tips and products picks. Listen below.
Links and break-down of Mobile Views Podcast 99
- Apple Oct. 16 announcements. New iPads — sure. iMacs — maybe. Mac mini? What will happen to the iPod touch?
- Connected health devices via Mobile Health News and NPD.
- Backdrop content for Google Chromecast.
- AAA hands-free voice cognitive distraction ratings.
Tips and Product Picks
- LEGO mini-figs to hold Apple lightning and other thin cables.
- MMS support added to Google Voice. Enables support for Fandango movie tickets and other image based text messages.
- Diaries — the kind you might actually keep up with. Or for the young crowd: a social network of one.
- Day One (Mac OS / iOS). Reminds you to write entries, gives you prompts to get you thinking (i.e. “What was your favorite game in childhood?”).
- Evernote emailed with tags. Shorthand: @notebook #tag in email subject to auto categorize.
- Automating your life: Hazel & Keyboard Maestro for Mac OS X, IFTTT and Dropbox as a go-between.
- Wall Street Journal — IRobot Introduces System to Help Machines Think for Themselves.
For aNewDomain with Todd and Jon’s Weekly Review Spotlight, I’m Todd Ogasawara.
Featured photo: Todd Ogasawara